There are multiple sponsorship opportunities available to become involved
in saving the lives of abused, neglected and abandoned dogs.
All Sponsors will be honored here on our website with a special entry on our “Angels” page which is coming soon!
Seniors for Seniors
Our Seniors for Seniors program was developed to help senior citizens rediscover the joys of having a dog in their lives, and the program places senior dogs (typically over 7 years of age) with senior citizens who are 60 years of age or older. Sponsors of our Seniors for Seniors program pay for the adoption fee for these adoptions.
- Dogs provide friendship for lonely individuals, and open opportunities for interacting with others which an older person may miss if family is far away.
- The company of a beloved pet has been proven to reduce depression, lower stress levels and even lower blood pressure.
- The quiet and doting home of a senior citizen is the perfect match for an older animal looking for a new home.
- Senior animals are often gentler, calmer companionship, and often are already trained.
If you would like to sponsor a Senior for Senior adoption, or if you know a Senior Citizen that would benefit from the joy of having a companion, please contact us.
Dogs for Disabled
Our Dogs for Disabled program was developed to help people with disabilities discover the joys of having a companion animal in their lives. Sponsors of our Dogs for Disabled program pay for the adoption fee for these adoptions. Our matchmakers match up dogs that best fit in with the disability and lifestyle of the adopting family. Please note, we match up companion animals (companion animals are different than service animals). This program is available to persons with any kind of disability, such as Anxiety, Autism, PTSD, or any Physical Disability.
Studies have shown that disabled people with companion dogs report:
- increased sense of social integration
- enhancement to self-perceived health
- better sleep through the night and feeling calmer during the day
- an affectionate, often supportive, relationship with their dog
If you would like to sponsor a Dogs for Disabled adoption, or if you know someone with a disability that would benefit from the joy of having a companion animal, please contact us.
Our Medical Sponsorship program allows Sponsors to directly contribute to the medical costs of dogs under our care.
Sponsors may send their donations directly to VCA Yorba Regional Animal Hospital by calling 714-921-8700 and asking to donate to the Susanne Spirit Medical Fund.
All money donated in this manner will go directly to covering the needs for abused, injured and ill dogs. Alternatively you may donate via paypal on our Donate page.
In addition to our other sponsorship programs, individuals and groups may choose to sponsor a specific dog in our care. Simply contact us and let us know which dog you wish to sponsor.
All money donated will help to provide for food, water, and medical needs for that specific dog.